Introduction to the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) is a national organization which assembles and represents business community, employers and business associations of all economic sectors in Vietnam. The purpose of VCCI is to protect and assist business enterprises, to contribute to the socio-economic development of the country and to promote economic, commercial and technological co-operations between Vietnam and the rest of the world on the basis of equality and mutual benefit. VCCI is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization having the status of a legal entity and operating with financial autonomy.
The functions of VCCI shall be as follows:
1. To represent the Vietnamese business community for the promotion and protection of the lawful, legitimate interests of the business community and employers in Vietnam in domestic and international relations.
2. To promote the development of business enterprises, entrepreneurs, the cooperation among business entities and to offer assistance in trade and investment, economic and technological co-operation and other business activities of enterprises in Vietnam and abroad.
The tasks of VCCI shall be as follows:
1. To collect and study the views and suggestions of business enterprises for reflection, recommendation and advice to the State on legal matters and economic policies for the improvement of the business environment;
2. To participate in the formation and implementation of the strategy for socio-economic development and international economic integration, to participate in the conferences, and missions for economic and trade negotiations in line with State regulations;
3. To facilitate forums, dialogues, and meetings between business enterprises, employers and governmental agencies, between business enterprises and the representative of employees and other relevant domestic and foreign organizations for the exchange of information and views on matters relating to business environment;
4. To conduct necessary activities for the protection of the legitimate interests of business enterprises and employers in domestic and international business relations;
5. To organize activities for the promotion and encouragement to business enterprises on the strict observance of laws, improvement of social accountabilities, good business ethics and culture and sound working relations, protection of environment, and participation in other social activities in line with the Chamber's objectives;
6. To assemble and align with business associations in Vietnam, to co-operate with chambers of commerce and industry, and relevant organizations of other foreign countries, to join international and regional organizations in line with the objectives of the Chamber and to help business enterprises participate in those organizations' activities.
7. To conduct activities for the development, promotion and improvement of the reputation of the business enterprises, entrepreneurs, commodities of Vietnam; to promote business supporting services; to assist businesses in developing trade and investment relations in Vietnam and abroad through such approaches as: match-making, seeking partners, providing information, guidance and consultancy to businesses; organizing study, market research, seminars, conferences, trade fairs, exhibitions, advertisements, and other promotion activities;
8. To organize training activities in appropriate forms to develop the human resources for business enterprises, to help entrepreneurs enhance their knowledge, management skills and business capacity;
9. To help in the registration and protection of intellectual property and technology transfer in Vietnam and abroad.
10. To issue Certificates of Origin for Vietnamese export commodities and to certify other necessary commercial documents, and the cases of force majeure.
11. To help domestic and foreign business enterprises in settling discrepancies, disputes through negotiation, mediation or arbitration, and to conduct in general average adjustment, if requested.
12. To conduct other activities which are assigned by the Vietnamese State or other organizations.
1. Dr. Vu Tien Loc , Ph.D., Chairman and President
2. Dr. Doan Duy Khuong, Executive Vice President
3. Mr. Vo Tan Thanh, Executive Vice President
4. Mr. Hoang Quang Phong, Executive Vice President
5. Mr. Nguyen Hong Son, Vice President
6. Mrs. Pham Thi Thu Hang, General Secretary
7. Mr. Nguyen Quang Vinh, Vice General Secretary, Member of Standing Committee