Implement strategic breakthroughs in prioritizing resources to support enterprises and cooperatives (cooperatives) and developing circular economic models and effective economic models in agriculture according to Resolution of the 14th Provincial Party Congress, the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of Hau Giang province is advising and implementing many solutions, including strengthening resources, promoting investment attraction to create a breakthrough in the development of agricultural production. Mr. Tran Chi Hung, Director of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of Hau Giang province, has shared about this issue.
Can you tell us about some of the main goals and key tasks of Hau Giang's agricultural sector in 2022?
In the context of 2022 with many advantages and challenges, the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of Hau Giang has set a number of key goals: increase production value by 3% compared to 2021; increase the rate of rural population using clean water to 83.5%; build 2 more communes up to new rural standards and build 3 communes up to advanced new rural standard.
In order to successfully implement the set targets and create development momentum for the coming years, the industry is focusing on quickly and effectively implementing Resolution 04-NQ/TU dated November 26, 2021 of the Provincial Party Executive Committee about agriculture, urban development and tourism in Hau Giang province, in the period of 2021-2025 and subsequent years, including:
1) Developing a soil map and implementing a master plan on key crops and livestock; typical agricultural products suitable for each region's soil, locality and market demand to integrate into the general planning of the province.
2) Strengthening propaganda and guiding farmers to apply high technology into production according to good and equivalent production processes; meeting technical standards and regulations on food safety and environmental protection.
3) Selecting and building 15 cooperative models and 3 cooperative unions to develop comprehensively and implementing a number of circular economy models in agriculture according to the Sustainable Agricultural Development Project Adapted to Climate Change.
4) Building concentrated production areas, linking production with processing and markets; replicating the link model; stepping up digital transformation, applying smart technology in the installation of automatic pest and disease forecasting equipment; attracting businesses and cooperatives to invest in factories, purchase, process and put products into the consumption chain. Branding of agricultural products of the province, focusing on 5 types of strengths: Rice, jackfruit, seedless lemon, Cau Duc pineapple, clown featherback fish and field eel.
5) Applying science and technology and digital technology; promoting mechanization of production; promoting vocational training to help farmers proactively cultivate farming techniques, apply technology and consume products to increase value per farming unit.
6) Continuing to promote the transformation of crops, livestock, and products suitable to market advantages and demands, and adapt to climate change; to intensify the dissemination and transfer of new varieties of high quality and value into production.
What do you think about the investment attraction situation and what are the "bottlenecks" that need to be removed for Hau Giang agriculture to attract development investment resources?
Over the past years, Hau Giang has continued to promote restructuring, developing large-scale commodity agriculture in the direction of modernity, applying high technology, increasing added value and developing sustainably. The province has issued many preferential mechanisms and policies, notably Resolution 07/2019/NQ-HDND of the province dated 11/7/2019 on Regulations on investment promotion policies; policies to support linkages in production and consumption of agricultural products; preferential policies and support for investment in hi-tech agricultural zones in Hau Giang province; and Decision 29/2020/QD-UBND of the Provincial People's Committee promulgating support norms for each type of items, works and projects to encourage enterprises to invest in agriculture and rural areas in Hau Giang province.
Since then, many investors have been interested in approaching, researching and proposing investment projects in the agricultural sector. The Provincial People's Committee has approved a list of 11 investment projects with a total capital of VND 1,827 billion (according to Decision 660/QD-UBND dated April 22, 2020 and Decision 651/QD-UBND dated April 1, 2021). Currently, a number of projects are in the process of implementation, while some continue to complete documents and procedures.
In general, the process of attracting investment in agriculture still has problems with a number of mechanisms and policies. Typically, the implementation of Decree 98/2018/ND-CP still faces many difficulties because there is no circular guiding the implementation or specific regulations on documents and procedures, so the actual implementation is not consistent. It requires consultation on many levels, causing trouble. In that context, the application of Decree 98/2018/ND-CP in Hau Giang also faces challenges, so it is necessary to have a unified, integrated promulgation of documents specifying the application process, procedures from central to local.
What are the potentials, advantages and orientations to attract investment in the agricultural sector of Hau Giang in the coming years?
Located in the center of the Mekong Delta, adjacent to Can Tho City, Hau Giang has a smooth waterway system and land transportation. Hau Giang has a favorable climate and land for agricultural production development. The province also has many large and diverse raw material areas: rice, sugarcane, fruit trees and aquatic products to attract investment in the processing industry.
Over the years, the agricultural sector has always attracted the close attention and direction of provincial leaders. The Resolution of the XIV Provincial Party Congress also determined to prioritize resources to support businesses and cooperatives, develop circular economic models and effective economic models in agriculture as one of the development breakthroughs in the 2020-2025 period.
On that basis, the province has issued many mechanisms and policies such as: Resolution 04-NQ/TU dated November 26, 2021 of the Provincial Party Committee on industrial, agricultural, urban development and tourism in Hau Giang province, period 2021 - 2025 and the following years; Resolution 07/2019/NQ-HDND of Hau Giang province dated 11/7/2019 on Regulations on investment promotion policies; policies to support linkages in production and consumption of agricultural products; preferential policies and support for investment in hi-tech agricultural zones in Hau Giang province; agricultural development action program to adapt to climate change in Hau Giang province in the period of 2021-2025; the project of sustainable agricultural development, adaptation to climate change in Hau Giang province in the period of 2021-2025. These are important prerequisites to promote investment attraction in agriculture in the coming time.
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is coordinating the implementation of the Project on Sustainable Agricultural Development, Adapting to Climate Change in Hau Giang Province for the period of 2021-2025, with a vision to 2030. Can you tell us about the main content of the Project and implementation process?
The project aims to comprehensively support 15 cooperatives and 3 unions of cooperatives in terms of facilities, management and administration capacity, planning skills, development orientation; thereby creating a foundation for the cooperative to thrive, improving product value and increasing income for cooperative members.
After a year of implementation, the scheme has been widely propagated to cooperatives, businesses and policy beneficiaries. The Provincial People's Committee also approved the list of 12 participating cooperatives; and at the same time surveyed, selected to establish 3 Unions of Cooperatives: Fisheries (April 8, 2022), Rice (April 29, 2022) and Fruits (June 2022).
The implementation progress of projects, investment plans and cooperative support are as follows:
(1) The project to build a website on the province's collective economy: The Provincial Cooperative Union has coordinated with the Department of Information and Communications to build and complete the website lmhtx.haugiang.gov.vn.
(2) Investment project to build infrastructure and support cooperative model to develop comprehensively and operate effectively: Department of Agriculture and Rural Development has guided districts, towns and cities with cooperatives to participate in the project to review, register the investment portfolio of infrastructure, machinery and equipment for production and development of services.
(3) Training to improve the quality of human resources for cooperatives and supporting employees with college and university degrees to work at cooperatives: The Provincial Cooperative Union has advised the Provincial People's Committee for the policy of supporting 14 employees with college and university degrees to work at 12 cooperatives, of which 4 employees were paid from October 2021 and 10 employees are paid from April 2022.
(4) The project to build 3 centers for collecting, classifying, preliminary processing, packing and distributing agricultural products: The Department has coordinated with localities and the Department of Natural Resources and Environment to register in the land use plan in the period 2021-2030. At the same time, the Department has coordinated with the Department of Planning and Investment in formulating procedures for registration in the medium-term public investment plan for the period of 2021-2025.
(5) The pilot project to build an effective circular economy model in agricultural production: The Department has implemented the policy of the Provincial People's Committee on the implementation of the first pilot model "Building an agricultural circular model under the solar power system” in Hoa Tien commune, Vi Thanh city. The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is coordinating with HG Farm One Member Limited Liability Company to complete the project file and submit it to the appraisal for implementation funding.
Can you share something with businesses and private investors in the Investment Promotion Conference in Hau Giang province in 2022?
Implementing the "Year of enterprises" under the theme "Businesses come, Hau Giang is happy", the provincial agricultural sector continues to advise and implement the most open mechanism, remove barriers in business, actively support investors to access potential investment opportunities and accompany them throughout the project implementation process. However, we also hope that investors have committed to "making it real" and "bringing real results" so that together with the province, Hau Giang's agriculture and economy can make a breakthrough.
Thank you very much!
Source: Vietnam Business Forum